So I threw together some cracked mud bases for my Death Korps of Krieg.
- Paint a lumpy surface of Liquitex Resin Sand across the entire top of the base and let fully dry.
- Paint over the entire top of the lumpy surface with a dark color.
- Dump 3 FULL medium brush loads of Citadel Agrellan Earth onto the base and spread evenly. (This is something like 15 layers of paint all at once, do NOT scrimp on the paint here.)
- Using a heat gun on it’s low setting, slowly move the heat across the base until a “Jell-O Pudding”-skin forms.
- Once the skin forms, move the heat gun in and apply directly until the cracking you want is desired.
- Paint/dry-brush as desired.
I also got some actual painting done on my Death Korps ladies. (Yes mine are ladies.)
Notice the green-tipped lasguns to signify the squad.
Notice the black-tipped lasguns to signify the squad.