Today I worked on modeling and 3D printing my Objective Markers. (Check out my thing on Thingiverse)
From left to right: Techmarine Gunner, Master of the Forge, Techmarine with Servo Harness.
Got my list ready to go. (1850 pts)by
First things first. I’ve printed out some Sabre Defense platforms with my 3D printer
And primed them:
Next, I’ve put together four Imperial Knights for the next 1850pts tournament I am entering. I based their paint scheme on the Lannister armour from Game of Thrones.by
So some of you may remember my 30 Points of Cryx in 3 Days Challenge about a year ago. Recently I obtained a 3D printer and I’ve given myself a new challenge: a table-top quality Warhammer 40K Battle Titan in one week.
Now this titan is far from done. As I type this I am re-printing a failed foot/pod-thing where the first one printed very poorly and the quality, I feel, was unacceptable. As a matter of fact, I doubt the beast will be finished by the Apocalypse game this Saturday (32 hours from now), but I still feel it’s worth fielding and should still be an awesome site to see.
I’ve been 3D modeling the next piece of the Titan as I’m printing out the previous piece.
I started with the leg pods. As I scoured the internet looking for reference materials I found a lon of silhouetted images of titans with stepped legs, so that’s what I started with first. With my design, you just fit the center ring onto the bottom of the knee cap PVC (45 degree elbow coupling) and the rest of the layers drape down from that.
The next thing I did was start designing the brackets and such to fit around the legs and designed knee pads to be glued to the brackets. I found a 3D model on Thingiverse with the Adeptus Mechanicus icon and joined it with one of the kneepads.
Some Facebook friends from my local gaming club’s page gave me some inspiration for designing the two primary weapons for the Titan.
The Vulcan Megabolter.
The Plasma Annihilator
Here are some progress pictures ranging from Dec. 1st up until now.
I decided against the Iron Man face plate for two reasons. First, I thought it would be a pain in the ass to attach to the PVC in a way I would be happy with. Secondly, I though it would be too iconic and recognizable. Not that there is anything wrong with that, I just want this a little more generic and Warhammer 40K-ish.
I recently decided against me second face choice because I feel its a little too plain and , again, it needs to be more fierce and Warhammer-y.
So I think I’s finally decided to go with my third option and I’m going to be printing out the lower half of the Predator face mask. Again, I found a model on Thingiverse that I think will go well.by
Had a great time at the tournament on Sunday. Lost very hard but met lots of new, great people.
Here’s a picture from my second match. I didn’t get any other pictures because it was a pretty hectic day and I just forgot to whip my phone out.
In other news, the new Sisters of Battle digital only codex came out!
So in the spirit of building a new 6th Edition Adepta Sororitas army, I’m starting with a model I picked up from Hitech Miniatures.
The Black Widow:
This “girl in terminator armour” is going to play as my Canoness HQ. The blade is a bit “Soul Calibur-y” but I think it works as a Blade of Admonition.
Other than scraping off the spiderwebs from her grieves and shoulder pads, the only thing I’ve done is added a bolt pistol bit I had laying around.
In all, I am extremely pleased with Hitech Miniatures and the quality of their casting.by
Avistew and I went to our local hobby store to play in a Warhammer 40,000 tournament on Sunday. We both got our asses handed to us.
This is the second tournament I’ve gone to with a fluffy Salamander list. I hope the new codex will fix me up.by