So Rainy Day Games runs a monthly Warhammer 40K league and they make heavy use of objective markers both Tacical (1-6) as well as Eternal War (1, 2, 2, 3, 3, 4).
I’ve 3D printed objective markers before but I wanted a more complete set so I designed and 3D printed out a set of 1-6 as well as an “R” for the relic and an additional 2 and 3 for missions that require them. Additionally I designed and 3D printed some 40mm bases for the 25mm markers to sit into.
You can’t really see what is going on with these as they aren’t painted yet.
Had a great time at the tournament on Sunday. Lost very hard but met lots of new, great people.
My first match (of three) was against a Grey Knight player and per usual my Salamanders just could not hold up to all the psy-bolt spam. Lost 2-15.
My second match was against an Eldar (Space Marine allies) player. DIdn’t get tabled but I was left with my Land Raider and a single tactical marine at the bottom of turn 5. Lost 2-19.
My last match was against an under-pointed Chaos Space Marines player. He had heard the tournament was 1500 points and was using a Dark Eldar vehicle as a Land Raider proxy. Still seemed like he was light on points and that make my victory sour. Won 13-2.
Here’s a picture from my second match. I didn’t get any other pictures because it was a pretty hectic day and I just forgot to whip my phone out.
So I recently remembered that I’m going to PAX Prime and will be there the last/first weekend of Augtember. This means I’m going to miss another tournament at my local hobby store (first Sunday of every month).
This kinda irks me as I keep missing tournaments and on top of that I’m putting together my Salamander army for no real reason as I don’t know if the next tournament will be a large point number game again. The sisters of Battle hold their own when it’s a small points game with enough Acts of Faith to pass around but larger games require more than just luck on a single dice roll (twin linked Acts of Faith with Uriah).
So I, again, didn’t get much done this weekend on my Salamanders. I got some Sternguard underway as well as added some scales to my Land Raider and drop pod. I think the scales came out really good. Now I just gotta wait for the bitz i’ve ordered to arrive to continue work on the Sternguard. I the mean time, I’ll be working on another squad of Tactical Marines and painting up some tanks.
Scaled Vehicles (I really like the texture of the scales.)
I finally started painting up my Dark Vengeance Dark Angels. Started with my tactical squad.
Steps taken thus far:
1) Primed in Army Painter Angel Green spray paint.
2) Washed entire model in a heavy coat Citadel Coelia Greenshade
3) Heavy dry brushed Citadel Snot Green (now called Warpstone Glow) over all the armor bits.
4) Lightly dry brushed Citadel Goblin Green (dunno what the new color is called) over all the armor bits.
5) Lightly dry brushed Caliban Green (dunno what the old color is called) over all the armor bits; making sure to leave the glow of the lighter greens to show through.
6) Painted the robe of the sergeant and the chests of all the tactical marines with Citadel Dheneb Stone (now called Rakarth Flesh)
7) Started painting (not finished) the joint ribbing Citadel Abaddon Black (formerly called Chaos Black)