Picked up a Cerastus Knight-Acheron from eBay and it didn’t come with a base so after taking some measurements with my calipers, I threw together a model in Sketchup Make that seems to be a pretty good base for my new wargaming model. I also incorporated a rock into the model thinking I could have my Cerastus Knight-Acheron stepping off of it. The rock was a bit small so instead I glued the Knight in a way that it remains very dynamic and looks like hes about to kick the rock into outer space. Who needs planetary defence forces, am I right?)by
Been painting furiously all week.
Tournament tomorrow. Wish me luck!by
So I threw together some cracked mud bases for my Death Korps of Krieg.
- Paint a lumpy surface of Liquitex Resin Sand across the entire top of the base and let fully dry.
- Paint over the entire top of the lumpy surface with a dark color.
- Dump 3 FULL medium brush loads of Citadel Agrellan Earth onto the base and spread evenly. (This is something like 15 layers of paint all at once, do NOT scrimp on the paint here.)
- Using a heat gun on it’s low setting, slowly move the heat across the base until a “Jell-O Pudding”-skin forms.
- Once the skin forms, move the heat gun in and apply directly until the cracking you want is desired.
- Paint/dry-brush as desired.
I also got some actual painting done on my Death Korps ladies. (Yes mine are ladies.)
Notice the green-tipped lasguns to signify the squad.
Notice the black-tipped lasguns to signify the squad.
Worked on some banners for my trifecta of Sister of Battle Exorcists.
Here’s the can I used to mix up my Russian Earth (PO34) MIG Pigment with Liquitex Resin Sand. I also added a swirl of Dark Mud (PO33) but you can barely tell that it’s there.
I’m gonna be adding lots of layers of dry-brushed paint to the mud.by