Had a great time at the tournament on Sunday. Lost very hard but met lots of new, great people.
- My first match (of three) was against a Grey Knight player and per usual my Salamanders just could not hold up to all the psy-bolt spam. Lost 2-15.
- My second match was against an Eldar (Space Marine allies) player. DIdn’t get tabled but I was left with my Land Raider and a single tactical marine at the bottom of turn 5. Lost 2-19.
- My last match was against an under-pointed Chaos Space Marines player. He had heard the tournament was 1500 points and was using a Dark Eldar vehicle as a Land Raider proxy. Still seemed like he was light on points and that make my victory sour. Won 13-2.
Here’s a picture from my second match. I didn’t get any other pictures because it was a pretty hectic day and I just forgot to whip my phone out.
In other news, the new Sisters of Battle digital only codex came out!
- Points are adjusted to be more balanced across the board.
- The addition of War Hymns make melee fights less of a pain in the ass due to T3.
- Some of the Relics are awesome.
- Only one Act of Faith per unit per battle. (With a couple exceptions)
- Most of the Relics are shit.
So in the spirit of building a new 6th Edition Adepta Sororitas army, I’m starting with a model I picked up from Hitech Miniatures.
The Black Widow:
This “girl in terminator armour” is going to play as my Canoness HQ. The blade is a bit “Soul Calibur-y” but I think it works as a Blade of Admonition.
Other than scraping off the spiderwebs from her grieves and shoulder pads, the only thing I’ve done is added a bolt pistol bit I had laying around.
In all, I am extremely pleased with Hitech Miniatures and the quality of their casting.by