1) Finished the two Blood Angel Drop Pods a few days ago.
- Primed them both inside and out in The Army Painter’s Dragon Red.
- On the accent areas I painted Dheneb Stone.
- Over the Dheneb Stone I painted Ushabti Bone.
- I painted the chapter symbols and the Aguilla eagle on the doors.
- I applied Averland Sunset Base to the edges of the doors.
- I applied Sunburst Yellow to the edges of the doors.
- I masked off the edges of the inner doors with Tamiya 6mm masking tape.
- I added masked lines on the edges of the doors and burnished them in very carefully.
- I painted Chaos Black to the non-masked areas of the door edges.
- I carefully removed the masking tape from the doors.
- I painted all the bits that were meant to be bare metal Boltgun Metal.
- I highlighted the bare metal bits with Chainmail paint.
- I washed the entire model excluding the Ushabti Bone areas and the previously masked door edges with Nuln Oil.
- I washed the Ushabti Bone Areas and rivits with with Gryphon Sepia.
- I applied Nuln Oil to the doors where I felt weathering would occur.
- Finally, I added a super light blue to the dots on the doors to look like exit lights.
2) Assault Marine (Forgecraft Fire & Brimstone) Bases
- Started applying the colors I use for Dreadnought Blood Talons in reverse order.
- Heavy paint of Sunburst Yellow as the main color on the base.
- Dry brushed orange over the yellow. Not really avoiding the deep cracks yet.
- Dry brushed Evil Suns Scarlet over the orange and yellow leaving a bit of orange behind.
- Dry brushed Mephiston Red over the base leaving a bit of the lighter red behind.
- Dry brushed Khorne Red over the lighter red leaving a bit of Mephiston Red behind.
- Dry brushed brown over the red leaving a bit of Khorne Red behind.
- I used a pin vise to drill holes into the bases at their highest part.
- I placed my pinned Assault Marines into the bases to check for dry fitting.
- Glue will be added later after painting the Marines.
3) Built a shelf to hold my models and remind me about how much of a slacker I am about painting.by